Thursday, February 09, 2006

We got mail!

Mail!

I heard a slight knock at the door and lo! A package from Tracy! From Maine!!!

I've never gotten mail from Maine before!

Can you tell I'm excited?

Please to behold the most completely, hilariously awesome t-shirt in history.

Andy immediately donned it over his work clothes.

Hee hee hee!


Simon fell instantly in love with his clay fish whistle. It was like kismet. I showed him how to hold it, and cover the holes with his fingers, and suddenly he was like a little Pan piper. He played it all the way to pick up the carpool at school, getting eerily better and better by the minute.

Ethan was equally charmed by his awesome red Chinese dragons, which hold a place of honor on the Shelf of Important Things. Didn't we all have a Shelf of Important Things when we were little? Then you know what a big deal that is!

Additionally, there are THREE, count 'em, THREE dvds of Invader Zim displayed there. Which, it being a school night and all, they were informed they will have to wait to watch. Much to their great disappointment.


Please to also behold the STACK of delicious books that were included in the package. HELLO!

Andy and I were both excited about these babies. Books! From Maine!

When are the book reports due, Tracy?

:)


Also, it was difficult to get a proper picture of this beautiful item, because of the mirrored endcaps, but I had to try, because it so perfectly exquisite and so exactly my taste that it had to be documented. There is no way this picture does it justice, but let's just say I'm thrilled! Girl was NOT lying when she said we had the same taste!

I cannot wait to hang this in a place of honor.

There is also an adorable, ethereal moon fairy ornament that is currently hanging in Charlotte's room, where she is adorably sleeping, and so I cannot take a picture. Fortunately for the ornament, it is hung up high, in the center of her curtain rod, so that it will be safe from her curious and destructive little hands.

Many thanks to Tracy for the thoughtful and spot-on perfect surprise package. It was perfect timing, too, because I was out finishing up some special errands of my own this very day, concerning this fabulous denizen of the Eastern seaboard, which she will soon discover.

Heh heh heh.

Mail! Sigh... I love my internet friends!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun!!! And you look so fabulous posing with the books -- it's like the author shot on the back flap of a book that's won the National Book Award -- very literary, and cool, but not vain.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

YAY! So Glad everyone likes their stuff! Panicked that I screwed it up at the last minute, but I didn't and everyone likes their stuff. YAY!

8:47 AM  
Blogger grudge girl said...

Erica - I know! And SIMON took that picture!

TL - MAJOR YAY!!!

11:46 AM  
Blogger yucaree said...

lucky you!! mail is always so fun to get, especially if it's a surprise.

i must know -- what is "invader zim"? sounds like soemthing i should know about for ian!

p.s. what is it about little kids taking the most fantastic pictures? which reminds me, have you seen "born into brothels"? prime example of pure photographic talent in kids.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Dude, I finally figured out who you look like in that picture- it's a younger Elizabeth Taylor! Oh yeah, baby! HA!
That had been really niggling at me.

5:10 AM  
Blogger grudge girl said...

Yucaree, Invader Zim was new to me. Perhaps TL can elaborate? From the packaging alone, it definitely looks like something, Ian would like, as well as you and J. It's a Nickelodeon production, if that helps.

You know, it's funny that you mention that movie, because of course, I REALLY want to see it, but I've been avoiding it, I think, because I avoid movies that will make my heart hurt.

TL- WHAT?! Nuh Uh! Girl, you wacky on the junk again. But thanks for the major compliment! (I owe it all to my cinematographer.)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Invader Zim is impossible to describe, because it is odd, gross, weird and hysterical. I loved it and my nieces loved it and I thought your kids might love it. It's about an alien who BURNS to conquer, except he's not very good at it really. At all. I really love his robot Gir, who is mostly made of garbage.
*sigh* Zim.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I noticed that you have a copy of The Animal Kingdom. I desperately want a copy but am not able to locate one for sale. Let me know if you wish to sell your copy; name your price. jeffrey.begens@gmail.com

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Leopold said...

This can't really have effect, I think like this.
metal buildings

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home