Monday, February 06, 2006

BlogHer 2006!

You guys? I'm totally freaking out right now. I'm going to the BlogHer conference 'o6! In San Jose, California on July 28-29th.

I remember reading all about this shindig on the blogs of the women I mentioned in my last post. I remember looking at their photos, and being soooo envious. So last night I signed up as a BlogHer member, and listed my blog with them, and I read all about the conference, and I WANTED! TO! GO! so badly, and I looked at the registration fee, and the group room rate they've got going, and I haven't yet researched plane fares, but I thought, with my freelance pay (I've got another project going now, on Criminal Justice (heh) and Ethics), that I could do this.

I can do this.

It feels like a step towards my blogging goal. Of WORLD DOMINATION! No no no-I'm totally kidding! I just would like to move forward to increase my readership and visibility, and to further my writing. To see what can happen when I work at it. And... well... I really want to meet my blog idols. There. I've said it. I'm lame.

But I'm going!

I called Andy at work as I always do, and I mentioned this idea to him, and he totally okayed it, and told me HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!! It's my present!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

He does love me, you guys. And I love him.

I feel like a grown up. I feel like I'm doing something smart and strategic to make my dream happen. Holy Fanoly! I'm so excited I can barely stand it!

Who wants to join me?

8 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

RIGHT ON! YOU GO, GIRL! I am behind you 150%, and I KNOW you can totally do this.
Not lame! NOT!

8:22 AM  
Blogger c said...

(me)

:-(

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!!! I demand that you take a frillion pictures and post them all so that I can live vicariously through you. (because as much as I would enjoy going, it is not in the cards for me right now, alas).

Yay GG!!!!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is going to be fabulous. I totally see you as a world-interweb dominator and I hope you will still remember us from way back when. Have a killer time and I will toast you from afar.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe next year I will be where you are now. I'm quite new at this. If you turn around and squint really hard you might see me - I think I might be on your path but a year or so behind you! Enjoy

7:48 PM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Oh you are soooo lucky!!! How much fun will that be. Just think of all of the blogging greats you will get to meet.

Oh course we will expect (and demand) pictures.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Cosmo said...

There's no doubt, the dude is absolutely right.
site | here | site

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Baldwin said...

Oh my god, there is really much helpful info here!
online games | free games for pc | best online games | famous free games | free games download

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home