Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Boy Genius

Simon, Boy Genius.
WARNING: Bragging about to happen.
We've been investigating private school options for the boys for next year, and all the private schools have prospective kindergartners do these "Play-Based Assessments." Well, Ethan's school also had us go get an independent cognitive/developmental assessment at some psychological consultants place. I guess because their kindergarten is 100% immersion, and kindergartners must be smarty-pantses, as well as adaptable and pleasant, to flourish in that environment.
So we go today, and Simon is a STAH, I tell you, a STAHHHH!!!!
The woman who gave him his tests basically fell in love with him, and all but proclaimed him a brainiac. She told me his scores were "off the charts" and that he has an astounding vocabulary, and she even used the words "Gifted and Talented" describing him to an associate.
NOT THAT THIS IS NECESSARY TO KNOW BECAUSE I ALREADY LOVE HIM TO INFINITY.
Of course. And I always knew he was smart and charming and thoughtful and sweet! But still, wheeeeee!!!!! It's nice to hear that your kid is intelligent, like officially. Because it means his chances of succeeding in/liking school are helped along, you know? And education is so important.
And please, check out the cute factor on that mug up there. Cute to Infinity!

10 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Gorgeous, brilliant and talented- your genes are showing!

Glad to know that your sporadic presence in the 'neighborhood' was merely due to plague.

1:43 PM  
Blogger yucaree said...

so not surprising that simon is super-smart and super-sweet ... just like his brother and mommy!

so happy for you!

5:15 PM  
Blogger c said...

Cute, cute, cute!

It was nice to get Christopher's IQ test scores; I KNEW he was bored at school and it was such wonderful validation!

I didn't go waving the scores in front of the staff, but when our next team-meeting came up, I gave them copies of his evaluation. The VP said, "Oh my! Look at those scores! He'll definitely be in the gifted pull-out program in third grade."

And he is! One of THREE!

Okay, bragging done now. But I thought since you were talking about your uber-smart boy, I could talk about mine!

Let's get together and brag about our kids!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why have you changed your Avatar to an ironic "Hate" heart?

Are you saying you are Ironic?

Are you saying you love hate?

Are you saying when you say you heart me, your heart contains hate, so you really hate me?

I'm very concerned about you albeit anonymously.

4:03 PM  
Blogger grudge girl said...

No no no honey. People love to hate me. Or hate to love me. It's a love/hate thing.

Also, I love hate. I am a hater. Selectively, of course. Like, I HATE George Bush. I HATE redneck people. I HATE Intelligent Design people. I HATE broccoli. You know! Hating. Love it.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

It's no surprise to any of us. We could have told the schools your kids are amazing (and cute as a button too!)

8:11 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Hey, wasn't there a promise about a post about your uncle? before Christmas? I want that post, damnit!

7:41 AM  
Blogger yucaree said...

can i just say that i think it's healthy to hate sometimes? people are always saying, "hate is such a strong word. don't say hate." blah blah blah. but i find that i always do better with my emotions if i have something to hate. it could be totally irrational but it keeps me sane. does that make sense?

there was a perfectly nice girl in high school i just hated. couldn't explain it, but i hated her. there was a guy in grad school i hated. totally justified hate but weird that i would continue to hate him even though i haven't seen him in over 5 years. but having these kinds of people to hate (on top of hating george dub-ya) keeps me from totally exploding.

so hate away!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Rudolf said...

Pretty helpful info, much thanks for the article.
Vegetables recipes

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Raymond said...

I found so much useful data in this post!
seattle wedding catering | private schools atlanta | catering mexican food

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home