Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Random

Usually in the mornings Charlotte wakes up and cries about 5:30 or so, and we grab a bottle and stick her in bed with us to lull her back to sleep until we have to get up. Yesterday, it was Andy's turn on bottle and retrieval duty. He got up to go to work, and I felt Charlotte asleep next to me, and fell into a doze. About an hour later, she woke up fully and slithered over the edge of the bed, to totter into the front room with her brothers.

As I lay there, I felt her bottle at the back of my neck, and could tell that the collar of my pjs, at the nape of my neck, was wet. Oh well. Moved the bottle, lolled around listening to the kids in the other room, and drowsing.

Eventually got up, went into the bathroom and LO! Dreadlocks. Not just bed-head, I'm talking Lenny Kravitz, full-on dreadlocks! Cemented with apple juice. All over my whole entire head. I couldn't even begin to get a brush through them.

Has this happened to you? I deep-conditioned and everything, but my poor hair still doesn't seem quite right. Stupid leaky bottle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have started my online Intro to Drama class (studying plays, not acting), and I've made my students all set up blogger.com blogs as their online reading journals. HEE!!!!

So far, none of them have really busted out into creativity land, but I'll keep you posted. I'm kind of excited about it, and wonder if I can get any of them as hooked on it as I've become. Dudes, I'm like a pusher.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Blogger Pimp! HYSTERICAL.
The dreadlock thing is bad, dude.Have you googled dreadlock removal? As far as I know, the only way to get rid of them is to cut them off. Hope you don't have to, since I know how you are about hair. :-(

8:42 AM  
Blogger c said...

Hmmmm. Can't help you on the apple-juice dreadlocks, but I bet lots of wanna-bes would LOVE to know that trick!

9:57 AM  
Blogger yucaree said...

hey blogger-pusher! blogger should pay you commission for getting your students to start up accounts. what plays are you covering in your class?

i didn't know apple juice speeded up the process of dreadlock-ing! were you able to wash it out, or is it still rasta-looking? honestly, i would love to see it! (hint, hint)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Could have been worse. Once when my oldest was one I put him in bed with me to grab a few more zzz's. Woke up 30 minutes later and he had taken his poopy diaper off and had smeared it everywhere! Give me apple juice any day.

I hear they have a 12 step program for this blogger addiction but by the time you finish blogging about possibly going to the meeting the meeting is over. tee-hee.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Dude, your weather pixie is so cute, it makes me want to put my head in the oven.
Wish my slut of a pixie had your taste in clothes...or at least some sort of sense of common decency.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait!!! Wait!! You didn't take pictures?!?!

The Internets need visuals, you know.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Hey, GG, could you email me and tell me where you got that water mat thing for charlotte? I want to get one for sadie.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home