Friday, October 14, 2005

10 Year Old Boy Gives Mother a Break


My green-eyed good-hearted boy

I was tootootoo busy yesterday to post this, but something happened that was so awesome I have to note it here.

We usually have to get up and going really early, because Ethan's school is about 30 minutes away, and even EARLIER when I drive the carpool, because I've got to dress and feed all 3 of them. So mornings are hard.

Yesterday, I was SO tired, because I'd been at one of my eleventy-hundred jobs until 11:30 pm, and it too is a half an hour away (as is EVERYTHING except downtown Indianapolis, from my house), so I didn't get home until midnight.

So when the alarm went off at 6, and I hauled my sorry self out of bed, imagine my surprise to find Ethan up, dressed, and sitting quietly on the couch playing with his Tamagotchi! He informed me that he had made his own lunch, fed himself breakfast, and was ready to go.

!!

I was able to give him a BIG hug, take a breath, make some coffee, and sit quietly with him for a few minutes before my sister-in-law arrived to take him to school.

What a lovely morning. What a lovely child.

My best friend who's known me since 5th grade likes to remind me that when we were little, and mapping out our imaginary futures, I used to always say that someday when I was 26, I'd have a blonde-haired, green-eyed Scorpio boy child. It's weird to both of us that I was right.

He's so wondrous, so composed and kind, so exactly what I wanted, that sometimes I think I may have imagined him into being.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

He looks so much like you, too.
I guess small moments of grace are the real miracle of having kids.

6:21 AM  
Blogger c said...

That's fantastic!

9:36 AM  
Blogger yucaree said...

he's sooooo cute! and i definitely see you in him, which makes you cute, too!

and what a blessing to wake up and he's already gotten himself ready. that's like the best gift a kid can give his mom!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home