Tuesday, October 11, 2005

On a lighter note...

Birthday Poncho!

Before Charlotte was born, I completely vetoed pink. I was all phobic, and righteously indignant about how I refused to quarantine her in the rose-colored box labeled "girls." I would have panic attacks every time someone gave me a sleeper with tiny rosebuds, and the word "pretty" scattered all over it like salt in a wound.

Why don't they say "smart?!" I would huffily exclaim to whomever would listen for .07 of a second. "Simon's and Ethan's clothes never said "handsome" all over them!"

Look at her now. She's wearing a big old pink poncho, and I LOVE it.

I'm still leery of the pink, in large doses. I still absolutely veto any article of clothing with the words "Princess," "Angel," "Cute," "Sweet," or, like, "Shopaholic" on it. Etcetera, etcetera.

But that flowered poncho snuck in right under the radar, yesiree.

Merci bien to Ashley, a true Southern lady, make-up artiste, and style maven extraordinaire who knew a Flapdoodles bargain when she saw one. And a miniature fellow fashionista.

3 Comments:

Blogger yucaree said...

i too have resisted pink for as long as possible, but there are some outfits that are just so dang cute in pink! can i get one of those panchos, too?

but i will also resist buying those stupid shirts/outfits that have "pretty" and "shopoholic" emblazoned all over them. i'd rather have shirts like the ones found at davidandgoliathtees.com ("chicks dig mohawks") or emilystrange.com, although i guess they wouldn't be appropriate for a baby. ;)

12:49 PM  
Blogger grudge girl said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE Emily the Strange! I have a little book about her on my bedside table at all times!!!

You are the coolest. person. ever!!

12:51 PM  
Blogger yucaree said...

yea! another emily fan!! i love her, too. i have the "emily: the strange" book (in japanese, no less) on my bedside table at all times as well. craziness!

i have to resist visiting the website often or else i would buy everything on it. i would love for the girl to like emily too, 'cause she rocks!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home