Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tiny Attention Stealer

Monday night Ethan, Simon, and I went to see "A Christmas Carol" with my mom. She likes to do this for us every year.

Every year, I sort of cringe anew. Why?

Because of Tiny Tim's freaking overlooked siblings, that's why. I mean, come on! It just bugs.

Maybe it's me, but don't they ever feel a teensy bit resentful that their adorable, perfect, crippled baby brother gets all the love and attention? The favoritism is blatantly obvious. It makes me feel squicky.

I would like to write a short story from the point of view of, like, Peter, Tiny Tim's older brother. And he might be annoyed, is all I'm saying.

7 Comments:

Blogger c said...

"Squicky" = Perfect

6:06 AM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Glad I'm not the only one who bridles at the blatant favoritism of the Christmas Carol.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I complerely agree with you on this. It's sort of like The Polar Express movie. Did you happen to see that one? There is one child that obviously is being abused in some way who is really sad and Santa kind of brushes over him to focus on the child who "fails to believe". It's creepy.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because, of course, Christmas is a celebration of genetic freaks. You of all people should know that, "Ocho."

You think the Cratchett kids have it bad...just imagine what Dasher et. al have to endure year-end and year-out....and they, with their flying skilz are also freaks - just not so freaky as bozo the red-nosed reindeer. Then there's the island of misfit toys... heck -even Santa himself, old jelly-belly, is a mutant...though not quite so mutated as Mr. walk-on-water-wine-I-rise-from-the-dead-3-days-later X... And that's what it's all about.

I think I misuse elipseses.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Hey, Beth! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

And God bless us everyone. What about the favoritism in Little Women? There was some major favoritism going on there for the frail one. I forget her name right now - Beth maybe? Jo was the tomboy, Amy was the youngest and most spolied with materialistic things. And the whole family catered to the sick girl who nursed the sick family (which is turn made her sick)

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Julian said...

This will not have effect as a matter of fact, that's what I suppose.
here

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home