Thursday, November 17, 2005

3:30 a.m.

I'm almost 1/2 way through.

I just succumbed (I can't even think if that's spelled correctly, yo.) and went to Mr. Singh's Shell station for some cigs. And a large coffee.

It's farking freezing. Yesterday, tornados. Today, snow flurries.

Great spirit, help me. I don't think there will be enough time before the kids wake up.

And I've got to teach tomorrow.

Egad.

-----------
7:00 a.m. I'm finished!

With half of it.

Half. I haven't slept.

This is going to be a fantastic freaking day, for sure.
----------------
1:30 p.m.

I cancelled class and worked straight through.

I'm only 1/3 of the way through the second 1/2.

I want to die.
----------------------
6:50 p.m. I'm done. Kaput. Lying on the floor with my limbs up in the air.

I did lose it and yell at everybody about an hour and a half ago, and I finally let go of my tears.

I'm going to go shower, and have something to eat, and watch something really inane on television as I fall asleep.

Andy took Ethan to choir tonight, and took the little kids with him because the poor things have been in the house all day. It's pretty bad when tottering through the echoing halls of the Butler music school is, like, exciting and fun.

This is one of the things that I hate the very mostest about this kind of work. I hate feeling like I'm neglecting my kids.

Also, the not showering.

Oh, and the rigid chair I've been sitting in since yesterday.


...

You know the saddest, SADDEST thing?

Saturday is my birthday.

But, I have 2 more freaking units to complete by Monday. And I work at the Beef Sunday night. Which means... tomorrow night, all day Saturday, and, that's right, Saturday night, this is what I'll be doing. More of the same.

What on earth have I done to myself?

Never again.

8 Comments:

Blogger c said...

Hang in there!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

You can do it, kiddo. And I am SO jealous about the cigs....

6:06 AM  
Blogger yucaree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:50 AM  
Blogger yucaree said...

i'll forgive the part about the cigs 'cause i know you're working your ass off to get this done! j/k -- whatever it takes for you to relax and keep on going.

you can do it. you can do it! you can do it!! take one step at a time like you've been doing and you'll get it done.

go grudge girl!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang tough! I know you can get it done -- and then, what a celebration this birthday will be!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Hang in there happy camper. And in case I don't get a chance before Saturday - Birthy Hapday to you! Novemeber birthdays rock!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

6:27 AM  
Blogger philbug said...

Um,cigarettes, if you start smoking again, I's gonna kill you. I know, stress smoking. I get it, just don't make it a habit missy. You go rock'n wicha bad publishing self!

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home