Thursday, October 27, 2005

Shaman-ette

Oh my goodness! The most awesome thing happened this afternoon!

I was able to pass on valuable, ancient lore today.

Noah, this kid in our carpool, is a freaking riot, DEEP in the throes of puberty and first girlfriend PDA, and I just love him. HI-larious, gangly, stick-figure-esque, zitty, shaggy, and adorable. Love. Him.

A smart, relatively innocent private-school kid, but a wisecracker, with HUGE potential to be a total stoner boy some day. Like, in a band.

Get this.

I was able to clue him in that if you watch "The Wizard of Oz" with the sound turned off, and you start Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" cd right at the MGM lion's third roar, they totally match up in the trippiest way, dude!

(If you've never heard of this before, check it out!)

The kid had never heard this before, and I could tell he was aware he was being passed some VERY IMPORTANT TEENAGE KNOWLEDGE right then. It was sort of a sacred moment. Seriously. And now he totally gets to go pass this along to all the International School kids, who may even pass it to their friends and loved ones across the globe! All because of me!

Best of all? He thinks I am the Queen. Of. Cool.

Hee!

It was seriously awesome. I feel like a tribal elder, a wise woman of sorts. If you will.

I RULE!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Girl, you ARE the Stoner Queen! We all knew you were the Queen of Cool.
I just pass on stuff like, don't fold your thumb under your fingers when you punch somebody. You are Way more life affirming.

7:05 AM  
Blogger yucaree said...

that's funny, TL! i always remind myself not to fold in my thumbs when i punch someone, but i haven't yet passed this knowledge along to the young folk. i am not anywhere near "tribal leader" or "shaman-ette" status. :( i must get cracking on that!

1:19 PM  
Blogger grudge girl said...

I can clearly remember when someone instructed me not to do that, TL. It was REALLY valuable advice. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I think about it. I remember asking the guy who told me about this if he learned stuff like that in boy school, or something. He just smiled. He must have been bequeathed the advice from his guru.

Don't underrate your knowledge base. Breaking your own thumb when trying to punch somebody else would be seriously embarrassing!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home