Monday, October 31, 2005

Grrrrrr..



Yeah, so Andy comes home from the Halloween party and tells me that his friend's wife overtly hit on him all night long. Drunkenly, but overtly.

Two things occur to me:

1) Poor Toby. I feel badly for him. This has been obvious to Andy and me for quite a while, but now she's waving her torch in public, in front of his friends and hers. That's just sad.

2) It's now exponentially harder for me to continue to laugh at this.

It was funny before. It was! But now, that door is open. It may be a door Andy would never walk through, but it's open. And with my history of being cheated on, this just isn't very funny to me anymore. I trust Andy more than I've ever trusted any other person, and I don't think he'd do anything so vile to his friend, let alone to his kids, or, I guess, me. But still.

It's... disconcerting.

Now, in the back of my mind, I'll be thinking things like, "She's skinnier than I am. I'd better lose weight, or else." Ooo, and, "I'd better not make him mad, or else." And of course there's always the old classic, "We'd better have as much sex as he'd like, or else."

Ah. Baggage. And just when I was starting to get all zen.

OK, well, 3 things occur to me:

3) Next time, I'm going with him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

I will tell you what should be obvious to the meanest of intelligences- you are gorgeous, you are brilliant and one of the most amazing women I know. Plus, men do not value you unless you value yourself.
That poor woman is seriously deluded to think she could even begin to measure up to you. And I feel sorry for her poor husband...

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there, I know how you feel.

3:35 PM  
Blogger yucaree said...

girl, don't go there because you're just going to push yourself into a place you don't need to be. andy will not fall for the pathetic advances of this sad sad woman. you know that, right? TL is also correct: hold your head up high, love andy as you always have, and things will be fine.

and yes, poor toby. is he totally oblivious to what's going on?

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home