Monday, September 12, 2005

I Got the T-Shirt!

I just returned from taking my 14 year old niece to see GreenDay.

What a fanTAStic show! They RULE! I had such an awesome time. SO. GREAT.

First, because it reminded me of myself. That is, it reminded me of who I am, and what I love, and gave me a chance to don the fishnets and vamp lipstick and strut around and get back in touch with my roots. Man... I love dancing around maniacally, with the sound waves of a really loud rock show vibrating through my bones. Also: I got checked out by a couple of kids. KIDS! Cute little spiky haired, skinny-jeans-wearing boys who couldn't have been more than 20. Score!

Second, because I will now always have the memory of my VERY conservative (parroting my brother, mostly), shy, and modest niece, who once got so mad at me for bitching about George W. that she burst out in angry tears, COMPLETELY ROCKING OUT, jumping up and down and pumping her fist in the air for 2 1/2 hours, while the friendly little punk band screamed out obscenities, defamed our president, and encouraged rebellion.

HEE!

Sigh. Good times.

She is only beginning to realize the treasure trove of an aunt she's got. While I've been waiting for her to achieve puberty for YEARS. I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of them. Heh Heh Heh...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Terance said...

Really useful information, thanks for the post.
Clinic Pastoral Eduation | after abortion side effects | san antonio catering

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home